Monday, November 23, 2009

The Feast of all feasts

Well, hello. It's been a while, huh?! I hope to get back to writing more regularly but I guess I have just been more internal as of late, and when I am outward it is on a more one to one basis, with a loved one or a therapist of various kinds, so for now I just wanted to share a poem that I wrote many years ago but when I came across it today in a cluttered drawer, I felt the need to share it on this week of Thanksgiving. May each and every one of you have a glorious, deeply fulfilling holiday!

I smile when I think about My "Feast of all feasts". It would be a very special night, for all around me at the table sit my loved ones, my family. Some from my family of origin, some my chosen family~but in all, those I hold dearest in my heart & with whom I feel the most comfortable being "Me". The circle around the table has no room for gossip or judgements, no place set for ill will and negative reinforcements~ Only large helpings of love, respect, compassion & kindness. Plenty of understanding & awareness, and an abundance of goodwill and joy at each place. I feel warm & enveloped in this banquet, this feast of familial bonds. Finally my hunger is gone, my needs are filled, my plate is full & I crave nothing more. I am nourished and never need to deprive or binge again~ It is all there in perfect proportions. Balanced and Whole.

2 comments:

Janet Freeman said...

Lovely, Justine! Did you write it? I needed that!

Laurel Hermanson said...

Really, really poignant. But you made me cry...