Sunday, April 5, 2009

Naked acceptance

Just a quickie but had to share this sweet example of someone offering love & acceptance while still being able to voice fears or apprehensions. 

As I am standing stark naked in the bathroom, facing my son after we have just emerged from  a shared  bath:

J: I don't like your scar on your tummy...or your belly button mama!

Me: That's OK honey, do they scare you?

J: Yes, a little.
(Then he looks me up and down and then meets my eyes and says,)

J: I really like the rest of you though, just not those parts!

I can live with that!!!

3 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

sometimes you just make me want to have kids...

Laurel Hermanson said...

Show off. Grace sees me naked and says, "Mommy, you're poopy!" (I'm not.)

marcia said...

I love both Grace's comment and that Laurel felt the need to assert "I'm not." Cracked me up. ;)